The Divine Heart Press Materials
Published Book Reviews for The Divine Heart:
- April 29, 2021 Review by Greg Richardson for Strategic Monk on Patheos.com
- May 6, 2021 Review in Catholic San Francisco by Liz Dossa, read the article or see the entire publication.
- May 7, 2021, Q & A Article on SpiritualMediaBlog.com
- May 2021, Review by Fr. John Coleman, S.J.
- June 8, 2021, Julie Summers' Bookshelf Review
- September 1, 2021, Monk in the World Guest Post
- January, 2022 Spirituality & Practice Review by Frederic & Mary Ann Brussat
Colette Lafia is a San Francisco-based writer, spiritual director, and retreat leader, and part-time school librarian. A graduate of the Spiritual Directors’ Institute at Mercy Center in Burlingame, California, Colette recently completed the Living School program in the Christian contemplative and mystical traditions guided by Fr. Richard Rohr, Rev. Cynthia Bourgeault, and Dr. James Finley.
Colette has a passion for helping people connect more deeply with the presence of the sacred in daily life. She designs and facilitates retreats for an international audience and has an active practice as a spiritual director. Colette regularly gives talks and leads prayer days, comfort circles, and retreats on subjects such as Gratitude, Surrender, Delight, The Gifts of the Holy Spirit, Living in Divine Love, Spiritual Art Journaling, Women Mystics, and more.
Colette Lafia is the author of The Divine Heart: Seven Ways to Live in God’s Love (Monkfish Press May 2021), Seeking Surrender: How My Friendship with a Trappist Monk Taught Me to Trust and Embrace Life (Sorin Books/Ave Maria Press, 2015), and Comfort and Joy: Simple Ways to Care for Ourselves and Others (Conari Press, 2008), named one of the best spiritual books of the year.
To learn more, please visit www.colettelafia.com.
Click here to listen to Colette's Summit Session, The Divine Heart: Living in the Fullness of Love from the Mystics Summit by The Shift Network.
Interviews & Book Talks
Watch my interview on The Loretta Brown Show
- The Catholic Sun - read the review
- CatholicMom.com - read the review
- StrategicMonk.com - read the review
- Patheos.com - read the review
- CarlMcColman.net - read the review
- Catholic Library World - read the review
- Presence Journal - read the review
- Spirituality and Practice - read the review
- Englewood Review of Books - read the review
- Interview - Relevant Radio with Wendy Wise - listen here
- Wonderful interview on Kayce Hughlett's "Live it to Give it" blog! Check it out
- "Spiritual Companionship Happens in many Surprising Ways" article in Connections: Spiritual Directors International
- City Life Magazine - read the article here
- Archbishop’s Hour Catholic Radio
- SF State Magazine, Fall/Winter 2015 – Book announcement in Alumni Magazine
- Gratitude: Awakening the Heart Gratefulness.org
- "Monk in the World"
- "Sweet Surrender: The Path to Greater Self Acceptance and Trust" ASacredJourney.net