I am immersed in reading Richard Rohr’s book, The Naked Now: Learning to See as the Mystics See. Richard is one of the wisdom teachers in the Living School, which I started in August.
I wanted to share some of Richard’s thoughts in this book, as food for thought:
- Prayer is about changing you, not about changing God. (page 102)
- We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are. (pg. 82)
- From inside experience, you know God’s love is a tender dance of give-and-take, rescue and holding. (pg. 51)
Reflect upon these statements today, and ask yourself:
- How is my prayer changing me?
- How do I see things in a certain situation?
- How am I experiencing God as an inside experience?